Labels

The random musings of a college girl who enjoys just about everything. I enjoy talking and reviewing, so please, feel free to stay a while, sit down, enjoy a coffee. While attempting to find a way to live forever I have come to at least recognize the truth so universal (though I can't say I've given up my quest). So this is my attempt at taking the most from life with the time I have. After all, forever is not so long.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Raving About: Skrillex

Hello all.

For you today, I don’t have much, just something short and sweet. I’d like to rant to you about one of my favorite musicians, and though I’m a little late on reviewing his rise to fame (quite a few years late), I still think he deserves to be talked about, just in case some of you don’t know who he is. That musician’s name is Skrillex, and if you haven’t heard of him, please, I beg you, go look him up and take a look at his music.

Skrillex is just the stage name for this guy Sonny Moore, who is probably one of the greatest musicians of our time, in my opinion. Not only can this guy create amazing dubstep, which is an off genre of techno, but what most people don’t know is he was also the lead singer a while ago for a band called From First To Last. He can sing and play guitar. Pretty good too. Basically, he’s got every area of music covered pretty well, and he’s only twenty four. He started in From First to Last when he was just fifteen years old.

This guy basically made an entire genre famous almost overnight by music standards. I’ve been listening to Skrillex for a while, but one day I woke up and it seemed like the entire world was suddenly obsessed with his music. He hasn’t stopped there. With his recent new EP, Bangarang, Skrill has only climbed the rungs of success even more. He has quickly become one of my favorite musicians ever, and I can’t help but brag about his talent. So I would really enjoy it if you  checked him out. He won’t waste your time, I promise.

Ich liebe dich,

Sarah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment