Labels

The random musings of a college girl who enjoys just about everything. I enjoy talking and reviewing, so please, feel free to stay a while, sit down, enjoy a coffee. While attempting to find a way to live forever I have come to at least recognize the truth so universal (though I can't say I've given up my quest). So this is my attempt at taking the most from life with the time I have. After all, forever is not so long.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

What Will You Be Doing During Earth's Last Year?

For starters, I should probably introduce myself.

My name is Sarah. I am 18 years old. I live in a small town in the middle of western Pennsylvania, where nothing special really happens on a day-to-day basis, but it’s home. I like almost everything and dislike almost nothing. There is really nothing extraordinary about me, at least as far as I can tell. But what I plan to do… maybe that will be extraordinary.

As you all may know, there is this rumor flying about (I’m sure you’ve heard it by now) that the end of the world is coming on December 21st, 2012. Who knows what is going to happen on that day. Personally, I am rooting for either a rather clichéd zombie apocalypse (we’re talking full out World War Z) or some really cool alignment-of-the-planets-makes-the-world-go-boom nonsense. Whatever conspiracy theory fits your taste, it’s coming.

So what are you going to do since the world is supposedly ending? Most people are going to laugh it off and continue life like normal. While the world might end and it might not, I know what I’ll be doing: knocking off as many bucket list items as I possibly can this year and, as best as I can, living it up with my friends and family. I would like to take the opportunity and excuse of the world ending to make myself a better person and to do as many fun and crazy things that I can before it’s all over. Basically, I’m going to make it a year that I will never regret, and a year of fun times that I’ll be able to carry into the next life with me. And I’m going to track it the whole way.

Today, January 1, 2012, marks the first day of a new year, and a new, fantastic year it is going to be. Seeing as I slept most of the day away after staying awake all night at a NYE party, starting tomorrow, things will be going into effect. But procrastination of any sort will not be tolerated or continued, I swear. I’ve already got many of the things I want to do planned out, and updating often is going to be a new favorite hobby, I can already tell.

But honestly, it’s pretty boring if I do this alone and don’t really impact people with the things I am going to share, be it a crazy adventure, a new craft, or whatever is on the TV. I invite you to join me in living a crazy life for the last year of our lives.

As many great people have previously said, “If not now, when?”

I look forward to seeing our adventures that the good old two thousand and twelve brings.

Sarah.

7 comments:

  1. My goal in life is to live forever. So far it's going exactly as planned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I've always wanted to live forever too! Best wishes to the both of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed. Just an FYI, my 111th birthday is gonna be one hell of a party. Fireworks, music, dancing, food, stories, wizards...FUN FOR ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord of the Rings references. I love it. I do hope I get an invite to this party. Sounds like it's going to be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes indeed, but do know that I am not joking (aside from there being wizards). When I reach 111 years old we will have a party to rival that of Bilbo's. Everyone's invited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going to be awesome. I honestly cannot wait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you have roughly one hundred years to do so, me being 16 and all...

    ReplyDelete