Labels

The random musings of a college girl who enjoys just about everything. I enjoy talking and reviewing, so please, feel free to stay a while, sit down, enjoy a coffee. While attempting to find a way to live forever I have come to at least recognize the truth so universal (though I can't say I've given up my quest). So this is my attempt at taking the most from life with the time I have. After all, forever is not so long.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Outer Banks Part II


Hello again from the Outer Banks!

Tonight, I am taking leave of this beach and heading back to the wonderful land of Pennsylvania (but only for a day before I leave again!) This has been a good trip. Despite my musings that I could definitely see myself on a better beach, I can never deny a good vacation. Anything that relaxes me, let’s me read a good book and get some sun and swim in my favorite natural resource is a good vacation in my book. I will honestly be sad to leave it. Maybe it’ll be a good place to come back and write some day, for a few weeks at least. Beaches tend to have that effect on me. I feel as if even if I was working here I would have a certain carefree feeling I couldn’t get anywhere else.

Thursday was one of those more relaxing days, filled mostly with beaching. We also went to eat at a restaurant called Rt. 12 Steakhouse here in Corolla. As you can guess it was mostly meat, and as a non-meat eater, I couldn’t really tell you the results. My family really seemed to enjoy the selection there, though. The restaurant was recommended to us by others as well, so I’d say it was a pretty safe bet.

Friday, my dad signed our family up for a nature photography course at the science center on Currituck Beach. Now I am not much of a photographer, but I can vouch that it was a very interesting and informative class nonetheless. Basically our park ranger told us all of the basics of photography – use of lines, colors, positioning – and then showed us how to apply them to nature. I’ll show you a few of my shots. Like I said,I’m not much of a photographer, much less nature photography, but they’ll demonstrate what I did learn from the man.

An example of lines in a picture, and foreground and background.

There are bees on there, if you can't tell.
Again, excuse my photography skills.

He talked a lot about the use of vertical vs. horizontal. This is, obviously, a vertical example.


It was immensely hot outside, but we managed a good hour of taking pictures all around the wooded area next to the science center. I think my better nature photo came later in the day when we were feeding pancakes to the very hungry and very person-friendly turtles I mentioned in the last blog post:



So that’s the end to my vacation. Well, there is today. But, for the sake of keeping my blog posts shorter, you'll just have to tune in later tonight to see what it is that I did today. So just one more day. One more day that I’ll be doing something quite spectacular, something that has been on my bucket list for a while. 

Have you guys gone on vacation yet?

Have a good one,

Sarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment