Labels

The random musings of a college girl who enjoys just about everything. I enjoy talking and reviewing, so please, feel free to stay a while, sit down, enjoy a coffee. While attempting to find a way to live forever I have come to at least recognize the truth so universal (though I can't say I've given up my quest). So this is my attempt at taking the most from life with the time I have. After all, forever is not so long.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Couple Goals Met


Hello all.

I know I’ve talked about this before, but this was a pretty big event in my life and one that I’m so thrilled I got to do on my last year on earth before the zombies get me. Last week, the founder of To Write Love On Her Arms came to the campus that I live by to speak. Now, he is one of the few people I have honestly been dying to see over the past few years, so it was literally a dream come true when he came out on that stage and spoke. His presentation was very moving: I laughed, I cried, I was so inspired by everything he had to say. It was a pretty life altering event that will be forever stored as special in my memory. If Jamie Tworkowski ever comes to your town, or the whole entire To Write Love On Her Arms team comes, I would highly recommend going to one of their conferences. They are very well presented and very down to earth.  The honesty in the air is very refreshing, and it can help you kick start a bunch  of different changes in your communication or help seeking process.

Also, last Friday, a magical moment I have been also waiting for quite some time to witness was a live showing, called VyRT, by one of my all time favorite bands, 30 Seconds to Mars, introducing new songs and playing old ones in what they called The MARS Laboratory. It was an amazing moment, for quite a few reasons. Firstly, the band and the men who make it up themselves. They were all hilarious, and it was so much fun to feel like I was right there with them while they sang and told jokes and, yes, made vegan pancakes. And the music. The boys were accompanied by a string quartet, which, when combined with Jared Leto’s voice and the beautiful acoustic guitar, made for a stunning performance. And on top of all that, there were chat rooms while the stream was going on, so everyone, people from around the world, could talk and bond and communicate, mostly about the VyRT and the one thing we all love. I laughed. I cried. I was inspired. It was, all in all, an amazing night.

Also, now that it is May, 30/30 is done and over with. Sometime within the next week or so I will pick and choose some of the better poems that I wrote and share. I’d recommend you get out there and read everyone’s writing. It’s amazing what some people can come up with.

So, I knocked off a couple of things on my list.

How have you been doing?

Sarah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment